Summer trip to Romania and BMW Сlub events

Hi guys! greetings from the Belarusian club BMW :)

We want the company of BMW fans go to Romania in the summer, to see the beautiful country ride through the mountains. At the same time we would like to see some events of BMW Club Romania.

Tell me, can already have a date or plans for the summer, what would we also plan a trip?

Many thanks!

DSCF0791.png

Edited by Dark535
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

First of all, let me congratulate you for your ideea to visit our beautiful country during the summer, which is the best season to travel in Romania. I am not sure if there are any special BMW events during the summer, but I am sure we can manage to arrange a meeting of BMW fans as we do mostly on each Friday of the week in Bucharest. You should visit Transilvania, Cluj, Brasov, then come to Bucharest, participate at a BMW-meeting, then go to the sea side, party like animals, go crazy :D live your life and then go back to Belarus and tell your friend and all the people you know about Romania. Please be advised: The Romanian women are absolutely gorgeous and you might fall in love and stay here forever. For the ones married among you, I hope you really love your family :D Have a nice trip guys and if there's any way we can help or guide you, just let us know! Have a nice vacation ;)

• Like 2

You should take the following route: Oradea - Cluj Napoca - Brasov (visit the Castle of Dracula) Sinaia ( visit Peles Palace) - Bucharest (spend a few days here as well) - and Constanta (Mamaia - the best resort, full of clubs and hot chicks. The distance between the cities is not that big, 2 hours away each city. From Bucharest to Constanta you can take the highway and trust me, it is worth it to visit the sea side as well. Make sure you take cash money with you, Romania is not a big fan of bank cards. I mean you can pay by credit card at the gas station, but when you go out, take cash with you. Don't rely only on plastic and your life will be easier. The standard tip (bars or restaurants) in our country is 10% of the bill, please keep this detail in mind when you pay it. Edited by six in line
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Many thanks! :) Forgot about the sea, thinking only about the mountains :)

What is the most interesting route to Bucharest, if we go by Hungary through Oradea?

Oradea - Cluj - Alba Iulia - Sibiu - Balea Lac (Transfagarasan) - Pitesti - Bucuresti.

Excepting Pitesti I suggest you to visit all the cities I mentioned as intermediate points :). The most important part of the road will be Transfagarasan.

• Like 1

You should take the following route: Oradea - Cluj Napoca - Brasov (visit the Castle of Dracula) Sinaia ( visit Peles Palace) - Bucharest (spend a few days here as well) - and Constanta (Mamaia - the best resort, full of clubs and hot chicks. The distance between the cities is not that big, 2 hours away each city. From Bucharest to Constanta you can take the highway and trust me, it is worth it to visit the sea side as well. Make sure you take cash money with you, Romania is not a big fan of bank cards. I mean you can pay by credit card at the gas station, but when you go out, take cash with you. Don't rely only on plastic and your life will be easier. The standard tip (bars or restaurants) in our country is 10% of the bill, please keep this detail in mind when you pay it.

Thanks!

https://www.google.lt/maps/dir/Oradea/44.4203303,26.0924274/@45.4286493,24.0195732,8.5z/data=!4m29!4m28!1m25!1m1!1s0x474647e368762353:0x1b55a486d65d5344!2m2!1d21.9189438!2d47.0465005!3m4!1m2!1d23.5449748!2d46.6314465!3s0x4749148ecc89a277:0x27a20ecc672a077b!3m4!1m2!1d23.5432401!2d46.0249489!3s0x474ea76e6f14498d:0x279c7e7412c1cf05!3m4!1m2!1d25.6027362!2d45.6540887!3s0x40b35b8443637369:0xa0bf1d74d4022738!3m4!1m2!1d25.5629432!2d45.330936!3s0x40b310d46e8c6cef:0xf3d9b726d700a55b!1m0!3e0?hl=en

What is price for 95 gas in euro?

• Like 1

Hello! You said that you want to make a visit in Romania in the summer. Can you tell us more specifically about what period? I'm from Constanta, and if I knew the time you come, we could arrange to spend a few days together in a nice way, here at Black Sea litoral. Of course that if you intend to visit the Romanian seaside.

Hello! You said that you want to make a visit in Romania in the summer. Can you tell us more specifically about what period? I'm from Constanta, and if I knew the time you come, we could arrange to spend a few days together in a nice way, here at Black Sea litoral. Of course that if you intend to visit the Romanian seaside.

We will try to visit the sea. Let's see how much time will be.

You should be more specific on what you are planning to do: are you looking for mountain roads, do you want to visit museums, are you looking for spending a few days in the same place or you plan to keep moving.I think there are some museums or touristic sight-seeings that you should never miss if you visit Romania, but all depends on your interests.Also we can give you some tips about restaurants/things you should try to eat/drink.

The low suspension of your car should not be a problem, as long as you keep main roads, but is always good to have an eye on the road and to pay attention. Ideally will be to avoid August, as being quite a busy period, causing traffic jams and agglomeration in hotels and restaurants. Also to remember that starting from July till end of August usually the weather may be quite hot, but I think you are aware of this.

You will be able to communicate in english in all cities, so you should not worry about it;there is a zero limit for alcohol while driving, which is different from western countries.Despite old legends, I suggest you never to try to bride any police officer or any authority, as you may get into bigger troubles.For any emergency, you can use the number 112.Credit, cards are accepted in all places where the visa sign is displayed, but there are some places where cash is preferred (bars, clubs, etc.)

Oradea despite being a frontier city, it has a very nice center refurbished in the last years/near you have the spa's with thermal water at Felix

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C4%83ile_Felix

Cluj-Napoca is one of the biggest cities, very dynamic, also famous for it's university (quite a few museums to see if interested)

http://www.uncover-romania.com/visit-romania/travel-ideas/top-10-best-things-cluj-napoca.html

to have in mind the salt mines at Turda(near Cluj)

Alba-Iulia- historical city(it has a nice citadel)-for us is important as being the city where the Union act of Romania has been signed in 1918

http://www.visitalbaiulia.com/

Sibiu- a nice Transylvanian city, very nice center(you will feel the german air here)

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/romania/sibiu/top-things-to-do/a/poi/360408

From Sibiu you can get to Transfagarasan- a route built in the mountains during the communist period to ensure alternative road to Transylvania in case of russian invasion

http://www.losapos.com/transfagarasan

Brasov is one of the most representative cities from Transylvania as well:

https://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Romania/Judetul_Brasov/Brasov-520761/Things_To_Do-Brasov-TG-C-1.html

On the road to Bucharest you have as well Sinaia and the famous royal Peles castle

http://www.wanderingearl.com/sinaia-romania-home-of-the-bizarre-peles-castle/

Bucharest is the capital, and for sure you can find everything you may want........architecture(has been named the small Paris),museums, restaurants, old center nigh life, ........but if you will get there for sure you will meet BMW community members to guide you.

Edited by Eugen B
  • Like 1