Hi Romania!

escarolo

Nice cars, take good care of them. Too bad you are like a caged lion. You have the cars but you can't use them daily, you are stuck with a Logan MCV.

If I were you, and I would plan to stay in Romania more than 6 months, I would definately bring one of the cars here. If you take care of them nothing will happen, don't worry. But that depends also on the area you reside in, here in Bucharest.

They can't bring you much joy from there.

Nice cars, take good care of them. Too bad you are like a caged lion. You have the cars but you can't use them daily, you are stuck with a Logan MCV.

If I were you, and I would plan to stay in Romania more than 6 months, I would definately bring one of the cars here. If you take care of them nothing will happen, don't worry. But that depends also on the area you reside in, here in Bucharest.

They can't bring you much joy from there.

Thanks!

I use them one or two weekends per month, when I travel to Spain.

I live in Sector 1, but I could not sleep having them parked in the street.

Best Regards

Why did you changed the trims on the M5?

@myx: are you thinking at what I'm thinking? :twoup:

18" rims are a little bit small for a car like a E39, BBS 19" rims are incredible. Anyway, I have the original 18" rims at home and I use them for track days or winter.

Best Regards

I said trims, not rims. Trims are the inserts on the doors, dashboard and central console.

Sorry,I read too fast and I understood rims!

When I bought the car it had wooden trim, that doesn't match with the sporty character of an M5

Then, I changed them first with Piano Black trims and last summer I bought a new set, matt carbon fiber trims from USA.

Best Regards

can you post a link from the store that you bought the trim from? it looks really cool. also do you still have the piano black ones? i would be interested in those

I bought them to a particular person, not store, and the Piano Black ones are sold, sorry!

Hello mates!

My name is Jorge, I have a BMW M3 CSL. I'm from Spain but I am working in Bucharest since 2.008.

This is my car, unfortunately is in Spain.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h7f61i.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/e5mcgl.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2052q88.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/210m848.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/111uxc4.jpg

Sorry about speaking english but my romanian is not very good right now

Great cars Jorge ! Congrats and welcome to the club !

I was never away from my belowed M3 more than two weeks but it was hard ... I can understand how do you feel

I would bring one here at least for the summer, there are some great twisty roads around in good conditions: Cheia, Oituz, Brezoi - Obarsia Lotrului, Transfagarasan (except for some kms around Lake Vidraru), Siriu, Tihuta, Poiana Brasov (din Rasnov sau din Brasov) and many more others which are to be repaired or not driven by me recenty: Rucar-Bran, Paltinis, Cheile Bicazului, Valea Bistritei, Pasul Prislop, Mestecanis etc etc

Not to mention A2 highway (Bucharest - Cernavoda) where a car capable of 300 Km / h (presumably the M5) has great conditions ...

Enjoy the cars and have safe drives !

Best Regards!

Great cars Jorge ! Congrats and welcome to the club !

I was never away from my belowed M3 more than two weeks but it was hard ... I can understand how do you feel

I would bring one here at least for the summer, there are some great twisty roads around in good conditions: Cheia, Oituz, Brezoi - Obarsia Lotrului, Transfagarasan (except for some kms around Lake Vidraru), Siriu, Tihuta, Poiana Brasov (din Rasnov sau din Brasov) and many more others which are to be repaired or not driven by me recenty: Rucar-Bran, Paltinis, Cheile Bicazului, Valea Bistritei, Pasul Prislop, Mestecanis etc etc

Not to mention A2 highway (Bucharest - Cernavoda) where a car capable of 300 Km / h (presumably the M5) has great conditions ...

Enjoy the cars and have safe drives !

Thanks!!!!

I want to know those incredible roads, and I will do it for sure.

Best Regards

Just to enhance the a/m list:

Novaci -Ranca (climbing to 1600 m alt. good road)

Stana de Vale (don't know road conditions, haven't been there for aver 30 years)

Cavnic (should be good)

Obarsia Lotrului - Ranca (should be ready by November this year, climbing to 2145 m, will be only open 2-3 months a year)

Bicaz - Borsec

Hey ! I just saw the presumably GPS slip showing 302 km/h, well done ! Is this due to the increase power of the m5 engine, is the stock able to reach 290-295 as I believe ? Was this the max speed ever achieved with that car ? Flat road, super fuel, what altitude ?

How about the M3 CSL ? Do you have some similar data ? Should it reach 285-290 as I thought ?

Hey ! I just saw the presumably GPS slip showing 302 km/h, well done ! Is this due to the increase power of the m5 engine, is the stock able to reach 290-295 as I believe ? Was this the max speed ever achieved with that car ? Flat road, super fuel, what altitude ?

How about the M3 CSL ? Do you have some similar data ? Should it reach 285-290 as I thought ?

Yes, that max speed test was done the day after remap the ECU. Before it gave 390 hp. After being remapped gave 417,9 hp.

With the CSL I didn't have the chance to check his max speed. With the M5 was in a flat highway in Spain, with 98 octane fuel, 550 m altitude.

Best Regards

Just to enhance the a/m list:

Novaci -Ranca (climbing to 1600 m alt. good road)

Stana de Vale (don't know road conditions, haven't been there for aver 30 years)

Cavnic (should be good)

Obarsia Lotrului - Ranca (should be ready by November this year, climbing to 2145 m, will be only open 2-3 months a year)

Bicaz - Borsec

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!